Friday, May 20, 2016

Juice Glorious Juice


Spent the day deep in fruit and vegetables. My kitchen looked so neat in the morning and it was quickly chaos with all the chopping but I love the benefits juicing can provide. It is best, I suppose, to juice each day, all nice and fresh, I just don't have the time. So when I have gathered the ingredients, and they are so abundant at this time of year, I juice away making all kinds of varieties. They are then poured into glass jars and labeled and placed in the freezer for daily use. I particularly love the tall pint 1/2 jars and I top them with the reusable white plastic canning lid. The jars and lids can often be found at Walmart or online at Amazon. White lids here.
These jars fit perfectly in the door of my freezer, the labels can be seen clearly, and they can be grabbed quickly. You can either place in the fridge for the next day, or these jars can be taken with you and drunk slowly as it melts throughout the day. 



A wonderful book I use for recipe ideas:  piece
Classic Green Lemonade
2 stalks celery
1 small cucumber
1 apple, cored and seeded
1-inch piece ginger, peeled
3 leaves Swiss chard or kale
1/2 lemon

1. Wash and prep all ingredients.
2. Juice all ingredients.
3. I actually strain through my nut bag to get out all chunks which might get through the juicer. I love just juice. 

Soothing Green
4 leaves Swiss chard
1 cucumber
3 to 4 tablespoons mint leaves, tightly packed
3 cups honeydew melon cubes

1. Wash and prep all ingredients.
2. Juice all ingredients.



Green Me Up
2 small stalks of celery
1 cup pineapple cubes
1 Bosc pear, cored and seeded
2 leaves Swiss chard
2 leaves kale
1/4 cup parsley, leaves and stems, tightly packed
1 cucumber

Sweet & Sour Green
1 small cucumber
3 stalks celery
1 cup spinach, tightly packed
1 cup pineapple cubes
1 naval orange, peeled

Sweet Greens
2 1/2 cups watermelon cubes
2 cups spinach, packed
1 cucumber
1/4 lime

Root Power
1 small beet
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and seeded
4 medium carrots
1/2 daikon radish
1 cucumber
1-inch piece ginger, peeled

Immune Boost
4 large carrots
2 navel oranges, peeled
1/2-inch piece turmeric root
pinch of cayenne pepper

Blueberry lemon-aid
2 small cucumbers
1 cup blueberries
2 Granny Smith apples
1/4 lemon, peeled
3 tablespoons mint leaves, tightly packed

So, that is just an example of a few recipes. This book is packed with hundreds more recipes, lots of information on various products, lots of information on buying a juicer...great book all around to have on the cooking-juicing shelf.


No comments:

Post a Comment